Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Wheels on my Board go Round and Round

MY dad makes longboards ya!
The board of my soul love of my life
Like everyone in my family rides
Awesome bruise that i got on my head the one time i fell
HAHAHAHA sunshine! Its the breath of life in a dead winter. Its the warmth that caresses your skin as you lie in the grass and close your eyes. A gentle breeze gives you a chill but its ok because the sun is there to warm you back up again. Its like a good friend that you wake up to each morning and say goodbye to each night. On the days its not there its sad and dark and lonely. The sunshine oh how I have missed you. And now that you are here and the snow is almost gone I can ride my longboard!!! YAAA!!! Longboarding is the love of my life. Its kind of funny though because ive only been doing it for a little over a year now, but im pretty good. You see my dd makes longboards as a hobby...i know my dad is pretty freaking awesome. So I got one for christmas a year ago and learned on that one and then for my birthday I asked him to make me one that I designed and it is the most beautiful and perfect thing in the world. Anywho, I rode it to class today becuase I could and it was so great. And I also took the trash out three times becasue I rode my board to the dumpster. Man I miss boarding. I really cant wait until the snow in the Provo canyon melts, then im going to longboard all day and all night and no one can stop me. There is just something so freeing about having a board under your feet. You are flying down the pavement but your body is completely free to move how you want to. I would have never thought myself to be a natural at it, because the first time I tried skateboarding I ended up flat on my face. But since ive started longboarding ive only fallen once. (ive bailed my baord plenty of times meaning you jump off if you cant handle it, but ive only ever acctually fallen once) I give all of the credit of this fall to my good old father. I was trying double king pin trucks for the first time (if you dont know what I am talking about then go and look it up because its too hard to explain) basically they are super turny and you can turn figure eights in the street. But they were on my board and we made sure that they wheels would not hit the bottom of the board when I turned (known to the common boarder as wheel bite) and everything seemed to be ok. So I hurdled down the street helmetless thinking that I would hit the end of the block and then turn back. All was well, but as I was on my way back I got cocky and started to do fancy things on the board and low and behold the wheel bite my board and it stopped dead in its tracks. Some people think it is impressive to go zero to sixty in a few seconds, but imagine how much more impressive it is to go sixty to zero in a total of one second, because thats exactally what I did. The board stopped and I fell flat on my face. Mainly my head hit the asphalt and my vision shattered and it was like I was looking through a kalidascope. And that my dear children is why we wear helmets. Thankgoodness im a pretty tough person, didnt even cry. I rolled over and clutched my head grumbling to myself and my dad rushed over to make sure that I had not just died. We sat there for a moment and then as we walked home he was all like...dont tell your mother...so what did I do? I ran in and told my mother and long story short I had this huge bruise on my head for like two weeks...seven weeks...eighteen weeks...i dont know I cant really remember how long it was there, but it was an impressive bruise.... Anywho this was all a really long round about way to say that the weather was wonderful today. (also i really hope you all like the pictures because it took me forever to put them in and it was a big hastle but they make this post so much more exciting...no go look up double kingpin trucks)

No comments:

Post a Comment