Sunday, March 10, 2013

Fly Kites With Me

But thats not really an invitation because my kind of kite flying is not the kind that you can do while having a picnic. First off I need both hands, yup my kite is a two handed kite. Its what you call a stunt kite or the less classy people call fighter kites. I have two in my possession. One is smaller and handles high wind speeds really well, and then I have on that has a 9ft wing span and it is good for slower winds. But I dont really pay attention to any of that, I just whip out that big kite at any sign of a breeze and fly to my hearts content. Like literally fly because if I fly that sucker in anything over 10mph wind speeds then I am garnered to be lifted off the ground. Its quite exciting really. One second you are there pulling off tricks and stunts and the next a large gust of wind catches the wings and you are airborn, feet no longer on the ground and desperately hanging on to the wrist straps with your life (its suck an intense kite that you need wrist straps) but yes, it is terrifying and thrilling at the same time. My dad once suggested that I just strap breezeblocks to my feet but then I could not move and stunt kite flying is a very active sport. (yes it is a sport) anywho, today it was super windy so I grabbed both kites and found an open feild and opened my big kite and had about ten minutes of beautiful flying. Ive gotten stronger so I did not get lifted off the ground this time, but I did have to emergency land the kite at one point because the winds got way to strong for me to handle. Sadly an emergency landing entails divebombing the kite into the ground, and I snapped its spine. This is the second time ive snapped a spine on that kite because of emergency landings, I should probobly stop trying to fly it in high speeds. But hey, good thing I brought my little kite. Took me five minutes to whip it out and it was in the air. The little kite is fun because it takes very little muscle to move it so I can do a lot more stunts. But I got a good hour of flying in with the little one. It was a really great way to clear my mind. I just love flying my kites, it frees my soul. The kite shoots up into the air and takes all my troubles with it were it gently places them in the clouds and leaves them there. I suggest kite flying to anyone with troubles, but maybe not stunt kites because if you dont know what you are doing then you are probobly going to end up loosing a 400$ kite and then it really does not help your troubles because with each mile you watch that kite fly away your troubles double at the thought of having to replace it. And thats what I have to say about that.

(i would add pictures to this but i dont have any pictures because no one ever goes kite flying with me so i never have anyone there to take pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment